Vicky Kaushal is an Indian actor born on May 16, 1988. His father, Sham Kaushal, was a stuntman and Hindi film director. He belongs to a Punjabi family and he received his education from the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology.
At first, he wanted to pursue his career as an engineer, but then he realized that he was not the type to work in offices. The best thing he could think of is to become an actor and start accompanying his father on film sets. He studied acting at the Kishore Namit Kapoor’s academy.
He also worked as Anurag Kashyap's assistant director on Making Gangs of Wasseypur (2012). Before landing a leading role in movies, he had minor roles in movies such as Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana (2012), Bombay Velvet (2015), and Geek Out (2013). His first major role was in the movie Masaan (2015), where he worked alongside Richa Chadda and Shweta Tripathi. This film did not win any IIFA and Screen Awards for Best Male Debut.
He is also very popular for his film Love Per Square Foot (2018) in which he worked alongside Angira Dhar and Alankrita Sahai. He also played a role in the movie Raazi (2016) where he worked alongside Alia Bhatt. This film has become one of the highest-grossing Indian films. He was also seen in an episode of Lust Stories (2018), a Netflix original series. He also worked alongside Ranbir Kapoor in Sanju 2018. He also appeared in Zubaan (2015), Raman Raghav 2.0 (2016), Manmarziyaan (2018), and a few others.
He received the Zee Cinema Award, Screen Award, and Indian International Film Academy Award for Masaan. He won the Melbourne Indian Film Festival award, Filmfare award, and Zee Cinemas award for the movie Sanju.
Facts You Never Knew About Vicky Kaushal!
- His zodiac sign is Taurus.
- Vicky Kaushal's Age is 33 years
- Vicky Kaushal's height is
- He was born in a chawl in suburban Mumbai.
- He has a younger brother named Sunny who is an actor.
- As a child, he used to like study, cricked and movies.
- He got his first acting job in Laal Pencil.
- His movie Masaan was called a leading example of increased realism in Indian cinema by The New York Times.
- He got nominated for Asian Film Award for Best Newcomer for his performance in Masaan.
- He was featured by Forbes India in their 30 under 30 lists of 2018.
- The Times of India and India Today gave very positive reviews about him for his work in Sanju.
- His movie Sanju earned US$ 81 million at the box office.
- He worked alongside Abhishek Bachchan and Taapsee Pannu in Manmarziyaan.
- He played the role of a military officer in Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019).
- He went through five months of military training in martial arts sessions in order to do justice to his role in Uri: The Surgical Strike.
Vicky Kaushal Education
Qualification: Degree in Electronics and Telecommunications
School: Sheth Chunilal Damodardas Barfivala High School, Mumbai
College: Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Vicky Kaushal Career
Debut Film: Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana (2012)
Salary: ₹3 crores/film (as in 2018)
Net Worth: 22 Crore INR
Family & Relatives
Father: Sham Kaushal (Action Director)
Mother: Veena Kaushal (Homemaker)
Brother(s): Sunny Kaushal (Assistant director)
Sister(s): Not Known
Marital Status: Single
Wife/Girlfriend: Not Known
Son(s): Not Known
Daughter(s): Not Known
Vicky Kaushal Favorites
Hobbies: Dancing, Travelling
Favorite Actress: Dia Mirza
Favorite Food: Aloo paranthas
Favorite Destination: Burano Island in Italy
Favorite Color: Black
Vicky Kaushal Instagram
Vicky Kaushal has 9.7 Million followers on his Instagram account with 336 followings. He posted 1,127 to date. Here are some of the most frequent images from Instagram.