The term probiotic comes from the Greek word which means “for life”. Probiotics are live bacteria that are good for the digestive system and the health of a person. They are the good bacteria and they help to keep the stomach healthy. Probiotics are found in yoghurt and fermented foods. Here are few of the health benefits linked to probiotics –
helpsin increasing immunity in the body and also it is beneficial in treating constipation and piles. Consuming foods rich in good bacteria provide protection from inflammatory bowel diseases
- It has been proved that intake of probiotics reduces the risk of developing diabetes in the body.
moisturizesthe skin and it heals the dry skin. Probiotic like curd is an effective remedy for sunburn and presence of Vitamin E and zinc in the same helps to treat acne problem.
- Intake of probiotics is good for women as it prevents vaginal infections. Probiotics like lactobacilli
helpsin improved urinary health.
- Everyday intake of probiotics is good for the strengthening of bones and it also helps in controlling the weight.
- Consumption of Probiotics also helps in maintaining
healthyheart as it prevents the creation of cholesterol in the arterial region. Alsoit lowers the bad cholesterol and maintains blood pressure.
- Probiotics are known to reduce the side effects of taking antibiotics i.e. Diarrhea.
- It also helps to improve the mental health of a person and decreasing depression levels.