Former President of India, Pranab Mukherjee was born on December 11, 1935. He hailed from Mirati Village in Birbhum district, West Bengal. He was sworn in as the President of the country on June 15, 2012.
Former Indian President Pranab Mukherjee died in Delhi’s Army hospital on Monday. He was admitted for his brain surgery in Army Hospital (Research and referral) earlier in August and had undergone a surgery for the removal of his brain blood clot. Mukherjee’s condition had deteriorated since last week. Mukherjee had suffered a fall at his Rajaji Marg house and had been operated to remove a blood clot in his brain on August 10. Doctors on Monday said that the condition was deteriorating and he was in septic shock due to infection in his lungs. Soon after, his son Abhijit Mukherjee also tweeted a request to people, asking them to pray for his father.”He is a fighter and with all your good wishes and prayers, he will surely recover!” Abhijit tweeted.
Three hours later to his tweet, he again made former President Pranab Mukherjee was cremated at 2 pm today at the crematorium on Lodhi Road with state honors. He was cremated under SOP due to being infected with Corona. This led to his body being brought here in a van instead of a gun carriage. His son Abhijeet Banerjee and the rest of the family are seen wearing PPE kits.Read more- Students attacking PM Modi’s latest tweet.
Former President Pranab Mukherjee, who was awarded the Bharat Ratna, died on Monday evening at the age of 84. He was admitted to the Army's Research and Referral Hospital on August 10. He underwent brain surgery the same day. During this investigation, he was also found infected with the coronavirus. After this, his condition did not improve. He was in a coma and had lung and kidney infections.
Announcement stating on social media that, ”With a Heavy Heart, this is to inform you that my father Shri Pranab Mukherjee has just passed away in spite of the best efforts of Doctors of RR Hospital and prayers, Duas, Prathanas from people throughout the country” Abhijit tweeted about the veteran politician who would often speak of his humble beginnings and his amazing journey from the flickers of a lamp in a small Bengal village to the chandeliers of Delhi.
He was an influential politician who has been instrumental in solving many provisional problems of the Congress party and the Government of India. He was cremated at 2 PM today at the crematorium on Lodhi Road with state honors. He was cremated under SOP due to being infected with corona. This led to his body being brought here in a van instead of a gun carriage. He was awarded the Bharat Ratna. During the investigations, he was found positive for the coronavirus.
Many politicians, actors, and renowned personalities have tweeted about the news.
Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi has attended his funeral and tweeted while remembering him.
View this post on Instagram
@narendramodi has visited late shri Pranab Mukherjee residence 🙏 . . #repost #news #sushantnews #pranabmukherjee #narendramodi #modi #coronavirus #donaldtrump #china #bjpindia #bjp4india #amitshah #narendramodipmindia #yogiadityanath #rss #drmohanbhagwat #bjpindia #viralvideos
- He was once a professor. He had taught Political Science at the Vidyanagar College in South 24 Parganas, West Bengal in 1963.
- He was introduced to politics in 1969. And he was introduced by then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. Who guided him to become a member at the Rajya Sabha.
- After the demise of Indira Gandhi, Mukherjee quit the congress and formed his own political party, the Rashtriya Samajwadi Party.
- In 1984, he was voted the Best Minister who has presented the 7 budgets.
- He was the only Minister to serve both posts, in the pre-Liberation and Post-Liberation eras.
- He was a deeply religious man who adept in reciting Sanskrit Shlokas, Mukherjee could recite the ‘ChandiPath’ from memory.
- He has been awarded as the Best Administrator in India Award 2011 by then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the Finance Minister of the year for Asia in 2010.
- During his stint with the Indian National Congress, Mukherjee held the key Cabinet portfolios like Defence Ministry, Finance Ministry, and External Affairs.
Last Rites of Late Shri Pranab Mukherjee-
Thumbnail Image Source - Scroll.in