Supermom and the heartthrob actress Kareena Kapoor Khan is an all-rounder superstar. She is a fitness freak and never losses her focus even post the birth of her baby boy, Taimur. The 37-year-old is always ready for her Pilates class.
Her personal trainer Namrata Purohit says about Kareena, “Kareena first got in touch with me after Taimur was born. Malaika (Arora), whom I've been working with for the past four years, had recommended her to me. I asked to try a class first which she really enjoyed, and she signed up straight away after the session.".
Let's peek into the star's workout drill -
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's current workout regimen - On this Namrata shared one post, "There's nothing holding her back!! Here's some motivation to get you moving! Kareena is super focused on getting fitter each day, despite being slightly under the weather she made it for her work out ."
She added saying, "We meet for Pilates around three-four times a week, sometimes more if she's in town. A typical Pilates session starts around 12 noon and lasts for 45 minutes. We work on full-body workouts with the Cadillac, ladder barrels and the jump board. The Reformer is her favourite thing in the world. Since there is potential for 500-600 different exercises on the machine, we are constantly experimenting and trying different footwork and challenges to keep things interesting. When she is traveling, she actually tells me that she's missing the class and has a craving for the Reformer."
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's fitness regimen post Taimur's birth -Since Taimur was born, Kareena Kapoor is very much active and very rigid on her workouts. She is doing much to get back to those washboard abs and doing a series of planks and side planks with Namrata. Namrata Purohit reveals,“She walks into sessions all pumped up and announces, ‘Okay Namrata, kill me. The best thing about working out with her is that she gives it her all. Sometimes, I catch her looking at me with a ‘Why are you doing this to me' face, but I know, and she knows, that she loves doing this. She is always ready for trying new things and has the most fun with new exercises."
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's diet - Through her pregnancy and post the delivery, Kapoor Khan has always been very conscious about her diet keeping in mind that her body receives its due nutrition. Purohit confirms, “With Kareena, the focus is always on eating enough food to ensure that the different forms of nutrition are obtained. Regardless of the diet you are following, it is important to ensure that you are eating enough to fuel your body. We both do love to indulge though, and have our allotted cheat meals once a week, usually with pasta.”
- Factors behind size-zero figure - The secret behind zero size figure is a strict diet regime and well-planned fitness regime under the supervision of Rujuta Diwekar, a renowned nutritionist and dietician. She skipped butter, cheese, paranthas, pasta instead gave priority to foods like soups, salads, yogurt, vitamins, and minerals. For size zero figure, strict workout schedule, diet plans and yoga exercises can lead you to criteria which are needed -Bust size: 31.5 inches, Waist: 23 inches and Hip: 32 inches.
- Kareena Kapoor diet secrets and diet plans - To maintain slim and sexy body, you need a balanced diet besides exercises. Kareena's diet plan and diet routine includes:
- Breakfast: muesli, cheese, bread slices or paranthas with milk, soya milk
- Lunch: chapattis, dal, adequate green salads and soup.
- Snacks: Protein shake and fruits
- Dinner: Chapattis, dal or vegetable soup
- Water: Take 6-8 boil glass of water every day
- Meals after every three hours to make keep yourself active and energetic throughout the day.
- Nuts and soya milk, sugar and ghee in moderate quantity.
- Kareena Kapoor workout regime
Kareena’s fitness formula is a mix of cardio, yoga exercises and dance. She likes to devote one to two hours daily for her fitness workout. She is one of the keen followers of yoga and believes that yoga is effective in synergizing your body, health and mind. She loves to practice power yoga and hot yoga to maintain her sizzling look.
- Kareena Kapoor’s Yoga exercises - According to Kareena, yoga is good for health, body and mind. Apart from cardio exercises, she do yoga with Payal Gidwani Tiwari, a renowned celebrity yoga trainer. It includes -
- Warm up
- Power yoga
- Surya Namaskar
- Ashtanga yoga
- Naukasana (Boat pose) for abs
- Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)for to ease back strain
- Parvatasna: to strengthening arms
- Virabhadra asana for legs
- Combines Pilates & Yoga
- Kapalbhati (Breathing exercise)
- Prayer in the morning, a must for her
- Kareena Kapoor’s simple beauty tips
- Drink adequate quantity of water.
- Take your diet as per your physical activity.
- Use sunglasses while going out to the sun.
- Balanced diet is real mantra of healthy living.
- Take healthy snacks between your meals.
- For her glowing face, she uses minimal make up.
- Her hair secrets are to have regular head massage with oil combination of almond, coconut and olive oil