Coconut Trees are found across much of the tropic and subtropic area, and they belong to the plant family known as Arecaceae. Coconuts are considered a type of nut and they are the seeds of the coconut palm tree.
Here are some interesting facts about Coconuts :
- Coconuts are known for their versatility, as they can be used for many traditional uses, ranging from food to cosmetics.
- It is believed that the “coconut” name was given by Portuguese sailors as Coco means “laughing face” and the three holes
onthe coconut looked like a human face. Coconuttree is also known as “Kalp Vriksh”.
- Fresh coconut contains
lotof calories and it contains lotof vital nutrients which are essential for the body.
- As per Hindu Culture, coconut is believed to be an auspicious fruit and used in many rituals on pious occasion. It is a symbol of prosperity and believed to welcome Lakshmi.
- Coconut Water Can Be Used as a Substitute for Blood Plasma and during World War II, coconut water was used as an IV drip as there was very limited blood plasma available.
- The “meat” of the coconut is high in protein, one coconut has 13g of protein and the coconut milk is light and low in sugar.
- Coconut has a lot of Vitamin E, which is very effective for skin and hair elements. It also has growth hormones which
helpsin the development of many organisms.
- Coconut palm tree has a single, smooth columnar trunk which can grow from 50 to 100 feet tall