We often lose sight of the little things, especially when it comes to the beauty of our hair. We are drawn to flashy, glamorous, and smart marketing materials. But what if I told you there's a great beauty product in your closet right now?. Rice water for hair can be helpful to beautify our hair.
Using rice water for hair to strengthen and beautify is nothing new. It dates back to the ancient Heian period. In Japan, it was known that court ladies had long and beautiful hair that fell to the ground. His secret was rice water for hair.
Intrigued by this hair treatment, scientists and beauty enthusiasts alike have tried to find out if rice water for hair can really beautify and strengthen hair. Studies have found that inositol, an ingredient found in rice water, can penetrate and repair damaged hair from the inside out. It even protects hair from future damage.
One of the best parts about this beauty product is that it is very easy to do. All you need is rice and water. The "hardest" part of this beauty trend is remembering to drink rice water in the shower and apply it evenly to your hair. But don't worry, I have discovered a great method that you can try.
How to use rice water for hair
What do you need:
1 cup rice
1 cup water
How do I do it:
- Rinse and drain the rice to remove any dirt or impurities you don't want to put on your hair.
- Mix the drained rice in a medium bowl with the water. You should mix until the water is completely turbid.
- Strain the rice and reserve the water this time. Save the rice for later or cook it!
- Put the rice water in a plastic bowl and cover it. Leave the rice water at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours. This allows all of the delicious vitamins and minerals to ferment and get out. Tip: Don't let it sit for more than 24 hours. I let the first batch of rice water sit for two days (I had forgotten to take it to the bathroom) and it got worse.
- Refrigerate the rice water until you are ready to use it.
- Fill a small container, such as a travel-sized shampoo bottle or a small jar, with rice water for your application. Store the rest in the refrigerator.
It's not easy to blindly pour rice water from a big bowl into your hair (I know, I've tried it). Don't forget to take the small container out of the shower and put it back in the fridge when you're done!
Rice water for hair should be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week so that you have plenty of time to reap the amazing benefits for your hair.
Also Read -
How to use it:
You won't need to change your washing schedule around the rice water rinse; Only use it after shampooing and conditioner, either once a day or once a week.
When applying rice water, try to really focus on your scalp and work your way out. Leave it on for two to five minutes and then rinse it off. You will likely notice right away how strong and thick your hair is.
Also, Read - Face Serums can work wonders for your skin. How?
After a minute: Your hair will really feel different. It seems to have some kind of outer coating, or thin layer, around each strand, protecting your hair as you comb it through. Your hair usually breaks while running the brush detangling your hair. But this time, your hair will be static.
After a day: The morning after your first wash with rice water, your hair will look blonder and shinier.
After a week (about four washes): Your hair felt thicker, fuller, and more manageable. You can try blow-drying on your hair, and you are not going to feel the immediate hair loss due to that.
Lastly: Little or no fracture. Your hair will still be very soft, but not in light and feathery way, more fully and noticeably, as if it had developed a partial mane. You wore your hair half-tied up in a regular ponytail holder, and pulled it together effortlessly, letting your hair fall out as they had never plucked it.
Also, Read - India's Best Trimmer for Men [August 2021] - Buying Guide, Price, Availability, and Features