HPSC (Haryana Public Service Commission)
The State Government of Haryana conducts the Haryana public service commission (HPSC).HPSC is a constitutional body, which has responsibilities of recruiting by conducting one of the most prestigious examinations of the Haryana civil service for the people of Haryana.HPSC is held every year on a national level for recruitment of candidates for class I, II and III officers in different government departments of the state in the department such as Administration, police, forest, and engineering.
HCS (Haryana Civil Service)
HCS takes responsibilities of various important exams like Deputy superintendent service, Traffic manager, Assistant employment officer, District food & supplies officer, Block development & Panchayat officer, Excise and taxation officer and ‘A’ Class Tehsildar, etc.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR HCS
There is a saying “never too late” so today also you can start your preparation. I will suggest you first give priority to those subjects in which you have good command or you can focus on your favorite subjects. Make your own routine and schedule and try to give at least 8 hrs a day and divided time for each and every topic.
Remember questions can be asked from every corner of the subject or topics so don’t skip anything and try to cover each and everything. Plan your studies at least 6/7 months before the exam because too much dedication, patience, and determination is required for this.
To increase your knowledge of current affairs read newspapers and magazines, watch breaking news and do it daily. Keep up to date every day.
Give as many mock tests as you can give. If possible take the help of your seniors. Try to solve previous papers and discuss with your colleagues. While discussion tries to explain to them the whole concepts of every chapter.
In the digital age, you can take the help of online tutorials and remember, always keep 1 hr for revision every day. Don't forget to take care of your diet.
1. The lower age limit is 21 years like UPSC for everyone.
The upper age limit for the unreserved category candidates is 42 years excerpts for D.S.P posts. And for Backward Class A and B of Haryana only and SC/ST is 47 years, Unmarried Females candidates (including divorced and separated females) is 45, PH and PwD of Haryana is 50 years and PH and PwD (belonging to SC/ST) is 55years.
2. Education and Nationality Required:
Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Candidates must have a graduate degree from a recognized university or possess an equivalent qualification.
- For general studies paper, syllabus like current affairs, science and technology, policymaking and Indian economy, general knowledge about Haryana, India and world geographical studies, Indian history and the national movement, important events at national and international levels and Indian politics, administration, and constitutional studies.
- For CSAT paper, syllabi like problem-solving, decision making, numerical ability, comprehension, logical reasoning, and data interpretation.
- For general English paper, syllabi like the essay, grammar and vocabulary, language usage in other forms, translation and detailed comprehension.
- For general Hindi paper, syllabus like Hindi grammar, essay, letter writing, paragraph writing, Hindi language and its connection with Indian culture and translation.
STAGES OF EXAM
The HCS exam is conducted in three stages as follows
HCS Prelims exam is an objective type question paper and it is the first stage
Number of papers
2 (General studies & CSAT)
Types of question
200 (Each 100 marks)
Duration of exam
Each paper 2 hours
1/4th of the marks assigned to a question
Mode of language
English & Hindi
2.HCS mains exam
HCS Main exam is the second stage and a very crucial stage. The HCS main exam comprises 5 compulsory conventional essay type question papers. Time allotted 3 hours for every subject. Essay papers carry 100 marks each, General studies carry 100 and optional papers carry 150 each so all total 600 marks in this stage.
3.HCS Personality Test
Once you clear the Mains examination you have to go for a personality test, which is nothing but a personal interview. The HCS interviews are conducted in Panchkula at the commission’s premises. It is for 75 marks. A personal interview is the end step. Basically the interviewer wants to know how much knowledge you have about society, history, and culture of India and what is the issue occurring around the society and your take on this. Also, they will check decision making and pressure handling abilities.sometimes the interviewer also can ask about your current experience for experienced candidates and for fresher they can ask about your subject taken in bachelors or masters. Make sure what you write in the CV you are justifying that.
Also for more information, you can refer to the previously asked sample question. The combined marks of mains exam plus interview totaling to 675 will be considered for the final list of shortlisted candidates
HPSC HCS 2020 Notification Mar 2020
HCS 2020 application end date Apr 2020
The prelims Exam date May 2020 Tentative
Mains Exam Sept 2020 Tentative
Personal interview Dec 2020 Tentative
Result JAN 2021(TENTATIVE)
- Visit the homepage of http://hpsc.gov.in
- Candidates have to register themselves on the website with a valid login id and password.
- Go to the ‘ONLINE SECTION’ of the homepage and click on it.
- Click on ‘ APPLY ONLINE AND PRINT FILLED APPLICATION SECTION – 1’
- In the following window, choose the exam/post that you wish to apply for.
- Fill in all the details asked in the application form and submit.
- Note down the reference number.
- Go back to the main menu of the apply online section and pay the requisite fee.
- After the fee payment process, your application shall be submitted successfully.
- Now you can go back to the main menu again and print the submitted form.
HCS APPLICATION FEES
Outstation male candidates of general and reserved categories
Outstation female candidates of General and Reserved categories
For Male & Female candidates of SC/ BC-A/ BC -B/ ESM categories of Haryana only.
For all PwD i.e. Persons with Disabilities category candidates (with at least 40% disability) of Haryana only
The exact number of positions against each post varies every year to year. The number of vacancies for the year 2020 shall be updated soon. The list of posts is given below for quick reference:
1.Haryana Civil Service officer in the executive cadre
2.State Excise and Taxation Officer
3.Assistant Registrar Co-operative Societies officer
4.Assistant Excise and Taxation Officer
5.District level Food and Supplies Officer
6.District level Food and Supplies Controller
7.Block Development Officer and Panchayat Officer
8.Traffic Management officer
9.Assistant level Employment Officer
MUST READ : Upcoming Govt Jobs : List Of Upcoming Central Govt Jobs