Parveen Babi, stunning beauty born on 4th April 1949 in Ahmedabad’s Junagadh, changed the
Though riding on the success professionally, Parveen was not so lucky in her personal life. She had few affairs with her industry colleagues, like- Mahesh Bhatt, Kabir Bedi and Danny Denzongpa. Parveen suffering from schizophrenia during her later
On Parveen’s birthday, let’s remember this glam diva through some of her iconic songs, which are still embedded in viewers’ memories-
- ‘Jawani Jaaneman’ from ‘Namak Halal’- Song
sungby Asha Bhosale and Music by Bappi Lahiri, saw Parveen grooving on the dance floor in shimmery golden body suit in killer heels. The song is a party favourite even now.
- ‘Raat Baaki Baat Baaki’ from ‘Namak Halal’- Yet another song from ‘Namak Halal’ in which Parveen flaunted her magic on Asha Bhosale’s vocals and Bappi Da’s evergreen music. Dressed in black dress Parveen looked every inch a retro goddess!
- ‘Pyaar Karne Wale’ from ‘Shaan’- Parveen’s
diva likepersona is captured very well in stunningsilver gown in the song ‘Jeete Hai Shaan Se’, from the 80’s smash hit, multi- starrer‘Shaan’.
- ‘Tum Saath Ho Jab Apne’ from ‘Kaalia’- This lovely duet sung by Asha Bhosale and Kishore is picturised on Amitabh Bachchan and Parveen Babi. A melodious romantic number highlight the sizzling chemistry between the two actors splendidly.
- ‘I Love You’ from ‘Khuddar’- A lovelorn boyfriend tries to express his love for his girlfriend in various languages won million hearts with its funny lyrics and the hot lead actors- Amitabh Bachchan and Parveen Babi. Dressed in
elegantblue frock, which accentuates Parveen’s slender form, she looked alluring and beautiful in this song.
It was a tragedy that such beautiful actress and human being couldn’t enjoy the success, fame and glamour which she achieved in her lifetime and has to leave to suddenly and tragically.
Here is wishing Parveen on her birth anniversary, that where ever you are, you will be immortal in the hearts of millions of viewers through your movies and these everlasting melodies.