The internet has gone crazy after the news that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone would be a member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival. We hear him double her enthusiasm as she tells him that this is not the first time an Indian celebrity has served as a jury member for this prestigious awards show. The Cannes Film Festival is one of the most famous and historic film festivals in the history of Indian cinema, and being part of the jury is an achievement in itself. Many Indian celebrities had the opportunity to be part of the judging panel. Today, here's a look at the top 8 Indian celebrities who served as jury members at the Canned Film Festival:1. Mrinal Sen: Making history, one of the best Indian filmmakers, Mrinal Sen became the first Indian celebrity to serve on the Cannes jury. With four of his films presented at the festival, including Ekdin Pratidin, Kharij, Khandhar and Genesis, he won the Jury Prize.
2. Mira Nair: Featuring cult classics like Slam Bombay! With Monsoon Wedding and The Namesake in her arsenal, Mira Nair served as a jury member in 1990. Eight years later, one of the most popular films, The Namesake, won two awards at the 1998 Cannes Film Festival.
3. Arundhati Roy: One of the greatest Indian authors, Arundhati Roy, who won a Booker Prize for her creativity, The God of Small Things, served on the jury in 2000. While God of Small Things became her identity, others nonfiction novels resembled his art.
4. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: The actress who has repeatedly made us proud on the international stage was a member of the Film Festival jury in 2003. But before she became a jury member, Devdas was introduced to her at the festival in 2000.
5. Nandita Das: The actress and director served as a member of the jury in 2005. In 2013, she again served as a member of the jury of the Cinéfondation (an institution affiliated with Cannes to promote the next generation of international filmmakers) and of the jury of short films.
6. Sharmila Tagore: Winner of two national film awards, Sharmila Tagore served on the Cannes jury in 2009. Her 1960 film Devi, directed by Satyajit Rai, was screened at Cannes in 1962.
7. Shekhar Kapoor: The director was a member of the jury in 2010. Shekhar Kapoor is known for films like Masoom and Mr. Kapoor. India and Bandit Queen. He received a National Film Award, Filmfare Awards, a BAFTA nomination and a Golden Globe.
8. Deepika Padukone: The latest name to enter this iconic list is one of the biggest and most successful actresses of the modern era, Deepika Padukone. She is set to make her first appearance as a jury member at this year's festival.