Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi ( PM KISAN) is a central sector scheme which got its funding from the Government of India. This scheme gets effective from 1st December 2018.
Under the scheme, the farmers get the support of around Rs. 6,000 Per year and this amount is distributed as Rs. 2,000 in every fourth month. Under this scheme, the family includes a husband, wife, and minor children. The fund is directly transferred into the account of the beneficiary. The PM KISAN scheme aims to supplement the financial needs of the SMFs in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income at the end of each crop cycle. This would also protect them from falling in the clutches of moneylenders. To get enrolled under this scheme the farmer is required to approach the local patwari/ revenue officer/ nodal officer(nominated by the state government). Farmers can also apply for this scheme online. Farmers can also edit their names in the PM Kisan database as per their Aadhaar database/card through the Farmers corner in the portal. If by chance there is some delay in getting the payment, the farmers can check the status of the payment through the Farmers corner in the portal.
The number of eligible SMfs under the scheme has been estimated on the basis of the projection of the Agricultural census 2015-16 date for 2018-19. The projected number of holding of SMFs landholder farmer families for FY 2018-19 is 13.15 crore. Due to likely exclusion of certain categories of beneficiaries of higher economic strata, the total number of eligible beneficiaries has been taken as 12.50 crore. For the financial year 2018-19, a budget provision of Rs. 20,000 crore has been kept for disbursal of financial benefit to the eligible landholding SMFs families. Similarly, a budgetary provision of Rs. 75,000 crore has been kept in the financial year 2019-20 for the disbursal of financial benefits to eligible landholding SMFs families.
Beneficiaries get a direct payment of Rs. 6000 Per year will be transferred in the three equal installments of Rs. 2000 every fourth month into the Aadhaar ceded bank accounts of the eligible landholding SMFs families. The first installment shall be transferred immediately to the identification of the beneficiaries. To avail of the benefits under this scheme, it is mandatory to have an Aadhaar card. In case it is not present, other verification documents are collected for verification purposes. All such beneficiaries not having Aadhaar card shall have to be compulsorily enrolled under the Aadhaar since the transfer of subsequent installments will be done only on the basis of the Aadhaar seeded Database.
There are some categories which are not applicable to avail PM KISAN scheme such people are:
- All institutional landholders.
- Former and present ministers/ state ministers and former or present Members of Loksabha/ Rajya sabha/ state Legislative Assemblies/ State councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All persons who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year.
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, CA, and Architects registered with professional bodies and carry out profession by undertaking practices.
How to enroll yourself Online:
Earlier people use to enroll themself under the PM KISAN scheme via the offline Nodal Agency or by Lekhpal, now new option is added as people can do that online as well by going on the official website, https://pmkisan.gov.in/ with which it has been easy for the Kisan to get themselves registered.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi ( PM KISAN) Registration Process 2020-21:
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of PM Kisan, https://pmkisan.gov.in/
- In the section of the menu on the website, you will see an option of Farmers Corner.
- You have to click on the option of Farmer’s corner under which you will see an option of new PM Kisan Registration.
- As soon as you select the option with the New Registration, you have to enter the Aadhaar card number of the farmer who you want to apply for the scheme.
- If the details were pre-registered then you can see the status and if not you need to apply for the new application.
- You have to click on apply new(in case of making a new application).
- As soon as you click on the new application, a form will open in front of you, in which you have to fill the farmer’s personal information.
- Once done, you will submit the application, after a few days you can check your status with the help of Aadhaar number.
ALSO READ: PMJAY - Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana | Full Information