Think you are invincible or scared of absolutely nothing? Let us put that to test with these spooky short horror stories that will surely make you uncomfortable if you sleep alone-
- I woke up to hear a knocking on the glass. At, first I thought it was the window until I heard it come from the mirror again.
- I was having a pleasant dream when what sounded like hammering woke me up woke up. After
thatI could barely hear the muffled sound of dirt covering the coffin over my own screams.
- I can’t move, breathe, speak or hear and it's so dark all the time. Had I known it would be this lonely I would’ve been cremated instead.
- I woke up to the sound of my phone. It was a picture message of me sleeping, I live alone.
- My wife woke me up last night to tell me there was an intruder in our house. My wife was murdered 2 years ago by an intruder.
- Being the first to respond to a fatal car accident is always the most traumatic thing I see as a police officer. But today, when the crushed body of the little dead child boy strapped in his car seat opened his eyes and giggled at me when I tried to peel him out of the wreckage, I immediately knew that today would be my last day on the force
- The last thing I saw was my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams. I sat bolt upright, relieved it was only a dream, but as I saw my alarm clock read 12:06, I heard my closet door creak open.
You may also like: Stories behind some of the most famous songs of all time
- “it’s okay you can come out now sweetie” dad said reassuringly, his blue eyes shining at me through the gap in the bedroom door. He has been saying that for hours but it doesn’t change the fact that my dad’s eyes are green.
- “I can’t sleep” she whispered, crawling into bed with me. I woke up cold, clutching the dress she was buried in.
- Nurse’s Note: Born 7 pounds 10 ounces, 18 inches long, 32 fully formed teeth. Silent, always smiling.
- After working a hard day, I came home to see my girlfriend cradling our child. I didn’t know which was more frightening, seeing my dead girlfriend or my stillborn child, or knowing that someone broke into my apartment to place them there.
- If you get scared at night, don’t keep your eyes closed for too long. There’s a reason you’re scared, and now you can’t see it approach.
- I always thought my cat had a staring problem- she always seemed fixated on my face, until one day, when I realized that she was always looking behind me.
- My daughter won’t stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but it doesn’t help.
- She wondered why she was casting two shadows. After all, there was only a single light bulb.
- I awoke to the sound of the baby monitor crackling with noise comforting my firstborn child. As I adjusted to a new position my arm brushed against my wife sleeping next to me.
- There is nothing like the laughter of a baby. Unless its 1 am and you are home alone.
- A girl heard her mom yell her name from downstairs, so she got up and started to head down, as she got down to the stairs her mom pulled her into a room and said, “I heard that too”.
- Growing up with cats and dogs I was used to the sounds of scratching at my door while I sleep. It is much more unsettling now as I sleep alone
- In all of the time that I’ve lived alone in this house, I swear to god I’ve closed more doors than I have opened.