Bollywood Fashion Sports India Beauty Food Health Global Tales Facts Others Education & Jobs Cricket World Cup 2019 Scinece & Tech

39 CRPF personnel were martyred and 10 others injured in the Kashmir Terror attack

Jaish-e-Mohammad has taken the responsibility of the attack and also identified the bomber as Adil Ahmad, a 20-year-old local boy from Kakapora, Pulwama.

On Thursday a horrific terror attack shook the country as 39 CRPF personnel were martyred and 10 others injured when a suicide bomber vehicle ramped into the CRP convoy on the Srinagar- Jammu Highway at Latoomode in Awantipora in South Kashmir. The vehicle used for the attack was Scorpio SUV which was laden with heavy explosives. Jaish-e-Mohammad has taken the responsibility of the attack and also identified the bomber as Adil Ahmad, a 20-year-old local boy from Kakapora, Pulwama.

The bus carrying more than 40 soldiers was part of a large convoy of 78 vehicles and 2,547 CRPF personnel. The CRPF personnel were returning from their holidays to join duty in Srinagar. At around 3:15 pm the SUV emerged from the corners of the road and hit the bus resulting in a huge explosion. A senior official of the CRP said, “The number of casualties is likely to rise as some more jawans have been severely injured in the attack.”
A second bus was also hit but fortunately there was no casualty, however, a few personnel were injured. The sight of the attack was horrific as the bus was burnt to the ground and the remains of the personnel were scattered all over the area while their belongings were seen draped from trees.

A CRPF personnel traveling in another vehicle of the convoy reported that “A car suddenly came amidst the convoy and there was a giant explosion. By the time we stepped down, the bus was all burnt. It had been entirely charred and the martyr’s bodies lay all around”.

After the attack, the Srinagar- Jammu highway was closed and the media personnel was restricted from going near the explosion site. Internet services in the district were also suspended.
All major political parties condemned the attack and termed it as a cowardly act.
J &K Governor, Satya Pal Malik said “The forces accountable for this attack in J&K are desperate and aggravated and they merely want to show their presence. It seems they are supported from across the border as Jaish-e-Mohammad has taken responsibility. Such actions are not going to deter the determination of our security forces. We will finish these adverse forces to the end.”

PDP leader and former Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti tweeted, “No words are enough to condemn the gruesome terror attack. How many more lives will be snuffed out before this madness ends?”
Omar Abdullah, National Conference chief said, “I criticize this attack in the strongest possible terms. My prayers condolences to the families of those that lost their lives.”

Sources reported that the first round of inspection revealed that the attacking SUV had 50-60 kg of explosives. The effect of the attack was so massive that both the bus and SUV were turned into heaps of metal and none survived in the attack.

Security sources revealed that the Intelligence Bureau did not have any insight about any attack; the various SOPs were followed. A road opening party inspected before the convoy began to move. IEDs were ruled out. “The leads of this attack is now under investigations,” CRPF IG (Operations), Kashmir, Zulfikar Hassan said.

Comments

Trending